Come join us for Victoria’s best and most comprehensive defensive driving program. This is conducted by the most experienced driving school in the state! This Driving Course puts you in control! The road is full of hazards, so spend a day learning how to avoid dangerous situations.With this Defensive Driving Course (Calder Park Raceway) - Melbourne, VIC you'll practice everything from vehicle dynamics to braking techniques, and at your own limits.
Presented in a relaxed, friendly, and supportive environment by qualified, experienced instructors, you will experience a balanced mixture of theory and practical driving exercises.You are sure to be amazed at what you learn!
It includes a variety of on road exercises including emergency braking, swerving and multiple direction changes.
The aim of these exercises is to educate drivers in:
The classroom component of this course covers basic road safety concepts and the key principals of defensive driving including:
* Basic vehicle dynamics
* The correct systems of car control : seating, vision, and steering
* Correct braking techniques for both ABS and non-ABS vehicles
* Skid causation, basic skid control, and skid prevention
* Raising the drivers level of awareness in relation to speed, reaction times and stopping distances
* Learn how your vehicle reacts in emergency situations
* Understanding of how a drivers attitudes, motivations, and risk taking behaviour can affect that drivers safety and the safety of other road users
* The Twelve Golden Rules of Defensive Driving and how they can be applied every time a vehicle is driven.
* The importance of correctly inflated tyres and the condition and type of tyres
* Road laws and the introduction of any new laws
* Road Rage: what it is, why it happens, and how to avoid it
* Personal security whilst driving
A course certificate will be issued on completion of this course.